The Tower Hamlets Inter Faith Forum in Tower Hamlets provides a great opportunity to celebrate the significant contribution that faith organisations have in the lives of people in Tower Hamlets. It provides the space to identify how faith organisations can play an even bigger role in the future success of all communities who live and work here.
One of the most important roles of the Inter Faith Network is to facilitate better communication and understanding between the different faiths in Tower Hamlets. In the current international climate, this role is a vital one.
The Inter Faith Forum has set itself an ambitious agenda and to achieve this is working closely with a large number of faith leaders representing the broad range of faiths in the borough, as well as the Council, the Police and local umbrella and network bodies.
By drawing together all the faith organisations in Tower Hamlets, the forum aims to:
- celebrate the important contribution that religious faith makes to the lives of local communities
- foster greater understanding and respect between our communities
- secure a more prominent role for faith organisations in regenerating their communities and delivering the borough’s community plan
- provide a forum for sharing knowledge, resources and good practice
- speak with in harmony when faith organisations address important public issues
- break down prejudice and discrimination based on faith
Who can attend the Inter Faith Forum?
The forum is open to anyone who has a representative role for a religious community in Tower Hamlets, who is committed to working in partnership with other faith communities.
Where can I get further information about the work of the Forum?